1. Solar energy systems and applications including concentrating collectors, concentrated solar power, integrated collector storage and solar water heating.
2. Desalination of sea-water.
3. Engineering applications of artificial neural networks (ANN).
4. Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems including energy conservation, building load analysis, absorption refrigeration, building envelopes, energy load calculations and geothermal systems and cogeneration.
• Doctor of Science [DSc] (2011).
• Recipient of the World Renewable Energy Network Award (2006).
• Recipient of the WREN Pioneer Award (2008).
• PROSE award for the book Comprehensive Renewable Energy.
• Editor-in-Chief of Renewable Energy Journal.
• Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Energy, The International Journal.
• Editorial Board Member of another 15 journals.
- Member of the Scientific Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK)
- European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI) – [Eur Ing].
- Engineering Council - Chartered Engineer [CEng].
- Member of the Institute of Refrigeration [MIoR].
- Member ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Engineers).
- Member ISES (International Solar Energy Society).
- Member of the Cyprus Mechanical Engineers Association.
- Member of the Cyprus Professional Engineers Association.
- Associate Research Fellow, Brunel University, UK (1996-2001)
- Visiting Research Fellow, London South Bank University, UK (2005-2009)
- Visiting Fellow, University of Glamorgan, UK (2006-2011)
- Adjunct Professor, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland (2012-2017)
- Visiting Professor, Brunel University, UK (2011-2014)
- Visiting Professor, University of Corsica, France (2018)
- Invited Speaker in 29 International Conferences.
- Keynote Speaker in 20 International Conferences.
- Evaluator of hundreds of research proposals worldwide, but mainly in Europe.
- ERC proposals evaluator (all grades).