1) PhD by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM). 2) Diploma in High Studies of Defense by the Centre for National Defence Studies. 3) Diploma University Expert in Transnational Organised Crime and Security. 4) University Expert in Energy Markets.
1) Full Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) (Polytechnic University of Madrid); Department of Energy Engineering at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales (ETSII) (Industrial Engineering College) / Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) (Spain). 2) General Secretary of the Instituto de Fusión Nuclear «Guillermo Velarde» ETSII –UPM. 3) Member of the European Academy of Sciences (EURASC) since 2004. 4) Member of the Commission for Energy and its Relationship with Security and Defense of the Center for National Defence Studies (CESEDEN).
BOOKS: 1) Inertial Confinement Nuclear Fusion: A Historical Approach by its Pioneers. Foxwell and Davies (UK) Ltd. Scientific Publisher. London (United Kingdom). 507 pp. ISBN: 978-1-905868-10-0. 2007, coedited with Professor Guillermo Velarde. This book publishes for the first and unique time the testimonies of the pioneers in the field of inertial fusion energy that worked in main laboratories in the United States; Soviet Union; Europe; Israel and Japan. The EUROfusion Consortium of the European Commission considers the book as recommended reading. 2) Four dictionnaries of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering; Construction Engineering; Industrial Engineering and Power Engineering. English-Spanish/Español-Inglés (Co-author María Purificación Vila de la Cruz). ISBN 84-7484-067-8. Sección de Publicaciones de la ETSII – UPM. Madrid (1991). 3) La Bomba Atómica. El Factor Humano en la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Ediciones Díaz de Santos. Madrid. 359 pp. 2007. ISBN: 978-84-7978-839-1. The book deals with the nuclear projects carried out in Germany, the United States, United Kingdom and the Soviet Union and the probability of a nuclear conflict during Cold War. The author talked personally with nuclear scientists of that historical period, among them 5 Nobel Prizes. ACADEMIC PAPERS: She has published several papers and chapters of books in significant publishers such as Cambridge University Press; Springer; Routledge and Taylor and Francis Group; Lexington; Cambridge Scholars; Elsevier, etc.
She has lectured and presented papers in several conferences around the world: Armenia, Australia, European Union, Middle East, Japan, Latin America, Russian Federation and the United States of America.
She is fluent in English, French and Italian.
1) Energy security. 2) Social Sciences and Humanities in international cooperation for peace and security. 3) History of Science.
1) She gave the conference “El descubrimiento de la fisión nuclear: El factor humano”. Segundas Jornadas Tecnociencia. Tecnología Hombre y Ciencia. Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Among the speakers were also the Nobel Prizes of Physics Academician Nicolai G. Basov and Medicine Professor Severo Ochoa and Premio Principe de Asturias Professor Santiago Grisolía. 23-25 de Octubre de 1990. 2) She has co-organized 9 international conferences. Five of them as general secretary. 3) Honorary Professor of the Sociedad de Estudios Internacionales (SEI). 2006-2014. 4) Member of EuroDefense-Spain. 5) Member of the Spanish Group of Pugwash Conferences on Sciences and World Affairs that received the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1995.
1) 1991: Alfonso XIII Award of History of Applied Science granted by the Spanish Academy of Sciences. 2) 1994: Doctorate Extraordinary Award granted by the Complutense University of Madrid to the best PhD (Academic Year 1992-93). 3) 2007: Medal of the International Studies Society. 4) 2011: Cross for Aeronautical Merit with White Distinctive. 5) 2015: Cross for Military Merit with White Distinctive. 6) 2015: Medal of the Polytechnic University of Madrid. 7) 2018: Medal of the European Academy of Sciences.